Re: woody kernel upgrade woes

Ben,

You haven't given a lot of information but based on what you have I suspect
your problem is initrd.  2.4.20 Debian images definitely use initrd, which
means you need an initrd=/initrd.img line in lilo for that kernel, and a
symlink initrd.img to /boot/initrd.img-2.4 ???   I know the 2.4.18-bf24 image
does not use initrd, but I'm not sure about other 2.4.18 images.

The scsi adaptor could be the problem if you are actually booting from a scsi
disk or have your root partition on that disk.  You would then need to use
mkinitrd with appropriate options to make an initrd.img file including
support for the module for your scsi adaptor.  Alternately, you could compile
a new kernel including direct rather than modular support for this device.

Good luck.