Re: MS mail bombs

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 02:39:51PM +0800, csj wrote:
> Why not?  Mailfilter has a log feature of varying degrees of
> verbosity.  So if I accidentally delete a notice saying "Subject:
> Congratulations: You've just won a million $$", I could always ask the
> sender to resend it.  Any email which can't be resent (or isn't
> archived somewhere) isn't worth reading.  This goes for love letters
> and subpoenas.

I don't know - I can't imagine being very popular if I tried to tell my
girlfriend "sorry, I thought your e-mail was spam so I deleted it" in
response to a declaration of undying passion. I don't choose who I go
out with based on how careful they are with their e-mail. :P

Of course, I use whitelists for people who are that important to me,
just in case ...