Adding a user with a dot (.) in his name: How?

Hello everyone,

For compatibility reasons, I need to add a user with a dot (.) in his name. "adduser" does not allow this, even if I invoke it with the parameter "--force-badname".

Can anyone show me a possibility to make "adduser" ignore this restriction for this one time? The user is only for cvs access via pserver, he does not need a home directory and interactive shell access.

Regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Schildbach - Java J2EE software development and architecture
http://www.schildbach.de