Re: rule of thumb: how to calculate the Horiz- & VertRefreshRate

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 09:16, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> can anyone share the "secret" with me how to easily calculate the
> Horiz- & VertRefreshRate required for a given Screen-Repeat-Rate at a
> certain resolution with a certain color depth?

Info on it:
http://www.knowplace.org/timings.html

Modeline Generator:
http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl

Hope this helps. BTW if you are using 4.2+ you really don't need to
calculate them as X goes by the DDC(or DDE?) gotten from the Monitor. It
just uses the highest one the monitor can display at that resolution.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Hearty woes and congratulations on your recent conquest of the Islets of
Langerhans!