vim fonts on unstable

I'm running unstable, and this morning I did an dist-upgrade that
included updates to vim and gnome-control-center.

I'm not sure which one of these (or other package) caused it, but now my
window size and fonts in vim are all messed up (yet they were fine just
yesterday).

Has anyone else encountered this with any recent upgrades, and any
suggetions to fix it?  It's not my ~/.vimrc as I've tried vim both with
and without .vimrc, and either way the fonts are virtually unreadeable
unless I go in and change them.

Thanks
Kevin

--