Re: Still on install

Sidney Brooks wrote:

>> 1. I can get two dialers, kppp and ppp[config/pon/poff], to dial,
>> but they do not authenticate. The kppp log says:
>>
>> The system is required to authenticate itself but I cannot find
>> any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. (None of
>> the available passwords would let it use an IP address).

"apt-get install minicom", and then use it to verify that your username/password is working on the server. This won't allow you to start a ppp session, but it should allow you to verify that your username/password is working. If it doesn't, then triple-check that you're using the right username/password.

You might also have to reconfigure pppconfig for CHAP instead of PAP, etc.

--
Kent