Re: Getting rid of worms and viruses

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 04:08:12AM -0400, kmark@pipeline.com wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Ross Boylan wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 01:14:04AM -0400, kmark@pipeline.com wrote:
> > >
> <snip>
> >
> > To reduce your downloads, it looks as if you can either use
> > fetchmail's size limit (limit keyword, but it doesn't delete the
> > message unless you use the somewhat dangerous flush option) or
> > mailfilter for a somewhat more refined tool (use fetchmail's
> > preconnect option to invoke it automatically).  I'm looking into
> > installing mailfilter now.
> I tried the preconnect but with some sort of errors??

Yes, I'm having problems with it to.  See the "fetchmail and
mailfilter" thread for details.  My current theory is that the problem
is the preconnect script runs as user "fetchmail", and so doesn't care
about ~/.fetchmailrc in your home directory.

<snip earthlink rants>

On the earthlink stuff, yes, they have a great talent for making bogus
excuses.