Re: install

Sidney Brooks wrote:

Following the suggestion of Zak B. Elep,I changed
"framebuffer device interface" to no and got a display
of 800x600. However, among all the installed programs,
there was nothing to dial onto the internet. I assumed
that I had done something wrong in the initial
install.

Being less sophisticated than most of you, I decided
to reinstall, doing it correctly this time. When I got
to tasksel, I chose the dialup package among others.
However, the program refused to install the dialup
package.

How can I change something to get onto the internet?

Assuming you have a real modem (if you have a "winmodem", you're probably looking at a difficult time), you should just be able to run "pppconfig" to configure your dial-up settings, and then run "pon" to dial-up, and run "poff" to hang up. There are also various GUI front-ends/replacements that will work also, but I'd start with this until you've got something that works.

--
Kent