amavisd-new mime_decode failed error

Hi,

i installed amavisd-new and clamav on my mailserver.
It now consists of fetchmail, exim4, spamassassin and procmail.
I followed the /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new/README_exim4 doc to add the
virusscanning to exim. The logs of amavis show that the mails are being
sent from exim to amavis and the other way around.
But, all mails that go to amavis fail when amavis is checking mime
content:
TROUBLE in check_mail: mime_decode FAILED: Mime::Parser: can't open
tmpfile: Incorrect argument
So this happens for every mail. It then sends an error back to exim and
that error is delivered fine. I'd rather have that the mail is checked
and then returned instead of the errormessage :)

Anyway, then i ran amavis in debug mode via amavisd-new debug and i saw
what also looks like an error:

Net::Server: setting uid to "103" []
Net::Server: Couldn't POSIX::setuid to "103" []

Maybe this has something to do with why the content can't be checked?

Versions:
  amavisd-new:         20030616p3-1
  exim4*:              4.22-1
  libnet-perl:         1.16-1