Re: logins and logouts hang

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:16:11 -0400,
vikki@neuromancer.homelinux.com (Vikki Roemer) wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030923171610.GA20476@neuromancer.homelinux.com>:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:05:30AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:42:18 -0400,
> > vikki@neuromancer.homelinux.com (Vikki Roemer) wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 20030922204218.GA1104@neuromancer.homelinux.com>:

> > > What about it?
> >
> > ..it _does_ run?  Dead PSU fans gets stuff pretty hot.  ;-)
>
> Yes, it is running-- though, now that you mention it, it doesn't seem
> to be moving as much air as it used to...  Maybe something got knocked
> loose when I used the air compressor to blow the dust out of the
> computer?  Does that seem likely?

..uhmmm, yep, sounds like you spun it up _good_.  You probably fried
the motor or the fan bearings, in the former case you can blow the
fan up to speed with any kind of smokers lungs, in the latter case it
won't turn over without liberal use of your canned up air.
Either way, replace it.  ;-)

..your air compressor, is also useable for truck tires or diver
air bottles, or just to "redust" your place?  Air is _fun_.  ;-)
My advice next time, is Moderation[Tm].  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: