Re: OT: An Open Call to Developers

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 10:21, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (23/09/03 16:14), Shri Shrikumar wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 10:42, Clive Menzies wrote:
> > > A brief note in support.  We have clients running MS Outlook (different
> > > versions); it, and the security updates issued for it seem to break
> > > their systems from time to time.  We would love to move them to open
> > > source software but the lack of this functionality in debian is a
> > > significant obstacle (not the only one).
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use evolution on sarge which is a very good clone of Outlook and has
> > all the features like Calendar etc. Dont know about groupware features
> > though but then there are lots of web based ones like phpgroupware.
>
> Thanks Shri
>
> Are there tools to interface with the various PDA's Palm and Compaq
> spring to mind.  I think in terms of operating systems for PDA's there
> are: Palm, Symbian and Windows CE?

There's a Palm-sync module, and a closed-source plug-in to let Evo
attach to Exchange (2k, I think) servers.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

LUKE: Is Perl better than Python?
YODA: No... no... no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
LUKE: But how will I know why Python is better than Perl?
YODA: You will know. When your code you try to read six months
from now.