Booting minimal debian off of IBM Microdrive

Hi,

Trying to get a minimal install of debian to boot here.
The installation goes fine, partitioning and so on goes fine.
However, trying to boot yields some problems.

My setup is a ASUS P4P800-VM motherboard, 512MB ram and a CF2IDE adapter.
(CF and IDE is pin compatible, so no drivers are required) When tryint to
boot directly off of the Microdrive, it halts. It's like it doesn't get
detected, yet the bios detects the card correctly. All I get is "insert
correct medium and press any key" so something goes very wrong. Am I
missing something here?

I can boot fine if I boot off of CDROM and set root=/dev/hda which is the
Microdrive. So why doesn't it work to boot directly from the CF drive, and
more importantly, how can I search for errors?

Wbr
Andreas Loong
--
CES 1984 - "The Lorraine's graphics are a whole step ahead of any personal
computer now on the market. This computer is potentially powerful enough to