Re: crontab: Permission denied

On Monday, September 22 at  1:36 am, Colin Watson penned the following:
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 03:39:37PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

Stock which version of Debian? The scheme has been changed in unstable,
and the permissions match what Monique quoted. So, Monique, you should
probably change them back before upgrading lest it confuse something.

This is just a plain bug, and I see it on my laptop too. In fact, see
http://bugs.debian.org/210838. It looks as if cron 3.0pl1-81 will fix
it, so let's try ... yep, works for me. That package is available from
http://incoming.debian.org/ for now, and will be installed into unstable
proper tomorrow.

Cheers,

Hah!  Figures that the first time in several years that I decide I need
a personal cron job (hrm, that sounds saucy!) on this machine, it would
be while the package is broken =P

Thanks much for the tip!

(Now to remember what the original settings were so I can revert ...)
-- monique