From: AnotherLinuxGuy [mailto:anotherlinuxguy@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2003 7:55 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Divx and DVD playback

what is the best of the best when it comes to a program that does
playback of divx and DVDs? i have heard Xine and Mplayer, in Xine i get
no sound, i use esd or dsp i think, its on a compaq armada m700 laptop,
and in mplayer i get a segment fault right off the bat, but they dont
have a deb package and i just downloaded their rpm and used alien to
convert it, so i wasnt to hopefull in the first place.  does anyone have
any other suggestions on programs that "just work" right out of the box?