Re: install

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
Sidney Brooks <sidneybrooks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I attempted to install Woody version 3.0. Everything
> went smoothly until I tried to use it after the
> installation. All I get is a blank screen and a frozen
> computer. I think that my problem is a video card that
> linux does not like, S3 Pro-Savage KM133. Any
> suggestions as to how I can make things work. I cannot
> use the text mode, therefore I cannpt change any files.

My setup is very similar, don't remember exactly which card is on the
motherboard.

Knoppix found & setup the vesa driver for it, and it appears to be
working just fine this way.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but a place to start.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759