No Install with HPT Raid Drive

Hi all,

   I'm new to this list and Debian in general.  Got stuck with the Debian
install from CD.  I'm trying to install Debian on the extra space provided by
two 40 GB hds in a RAID 0 configuration on a ABIT motherboard.  There already
installed on the drives  two versions of Window which I can boot to without
problem.  I was able to access the RAID drives at first from the install CD
with the bf24 kernel.  But I had no success with the cfedit utility.  Any
modifications to the disk's partition table with cfdisk resulted in a table
unreadable by it later.  Cfedit simply quits with the suggestion that I
summarily wipe my entire drive!  So then I rebooted with my good old
partition magic and partitioned and formatted the disks with that.  Now I'm
still stuck, because the install can't mount any partitions either.  It seems
nothing in the Debian install can read the partition tables, yet Partition
Magic reads them just fine and I can still boot into the existing Windows
partitions.   I'm not sure how to continue with this.  I could install a
spare non-raid hard drive and do a temporary install with that, which would
kind of suck.  Any other ideas?

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

George