Re: Flash plug-in hangs Mozilla (sid)

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed Macromedia Flash plug-in for
Mozilla (1.4-4). When browsing to a web location with flash content,
the browser hangs.

Syslog shows error messages related to sound modules, but I suspect
that the problem must be more serious than that, as sound works lovely
for almost any other application.

modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0

I wonder if somebody is using this plug-in in his sid box
successfuly. Any feedback will be very useful for me, so thanks in
advance.

Regards, Ismael
Works fine here.
Sid, with Moz 1.4-4.
via82cxxx_audio
From "about: plugins"

   File name: libflashplayer.so
   Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79

You might try exiting Moz and renaming the ~/.mozilla directory as a backup, then starting Moz to create a new profile, just to make sure there's nothing odd about your Moz preferences.

--
Kent