Re: SBLive! 5.1 in Debian?

Okay, I've compiled a kernel with sound support and emu10k1. I've tried loading XMMS to play some sound and the only drivers listed are OSS, CDWriter and eSound. Is there an additional step I need to do? I don't know much about modprobe, but I read about it somewhere. I tried /sbin/modprobe emu10k1 and it didn't work. Said that it couldn't locate module emu10k1. Do I need to be doing something in /etc/modutils (I read about that somewhere to)?

Sorry if my text is arriving in a horrid state, but I haven't managed to get Thunderbird working, and what with compiling kernels and what-not, I haven't been inclined to sort it, so I'm using my crappy web-mail.

Thanks again

Joe.