Re: Windows multiboot (aaargh!)

On Friday 19 September 2003 21:12, cr wrote:

(Finally got DOS, w95 and w98 each installed in their own partitions).

> Next step, see if I can boot the whole thing with GRUB....
>
> cr

Yep, GRUB booted fine, DOS, w95 and w98.

I just made a Grub boot floppy as instructed in the Howtos, made a
C:\BOOT\GRUB directory in the DOS partition, copied the stage1 and stage 2
off the floppy into it, made a  menu.lst   with a DOS text editor, and it all
worked.   First time round it squawked about the lack of a Stage1.5, but then
it decided to work anyway.

So now I have a multiboot DOS / w95 / w98  (and no Linux!) PC.   It wasn't
really necessary to set up Grub booting for it, since it's going to become a
second drive in my Linux box, but I thought I'd try the experiment.

Next step is just to swap the hard drive into my Linux box and modify the
Grub menu.lst on my primary Linux drive to boot it.

cr