Re: MS mail bombs

On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 12:27, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 02:56:10 -0500
> Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> > Ummm, the pop server that stores your email until you press what-
> > ever key in your MUA that fetches the email from pop.<yourisp>.net
> > down to your PC.
>
>     Uhm, no.  You're operating under the assumption everyone lets their ISP
> handle their mail.

Bijan, Joey & Steve,

There are many of us who must use pop3-from-the-ISP, since they
block port 25, and we aren't lucky enough to be able to run private
mail servers at work, University or co-lo.

And *even if I did run my own mail server*, all of the virus/spam-
filled packets would *still* have to be sent down to me.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown