Re: Not able to compile Qt-Apps

On September 20, 2003 04:23 am, Thomas Baumann wrote:
> I did try --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3,
> --with-qt-includes=/usr/share/qt3/include,
> --with-qt-libraries=/usr/share/qt3/lib in any combination, but without
> success ;((
>
> I am not new to comiling stuff. I did it a thousand times (on RedHat,
> Mandrake, SuSE and even Slackware), but this problem makes me just crazy...
>
> I don't think that the configure-script or -options are wrong, because I
> tried to compile the testconf.cc on my own, without any configure around
> it.
>
> Doing this, I get the following error (as mentioned above (now below)):
> confdefs.h couldn't been found
>
> Maybe this is a hint to the problem???

Hi,

I am running unstable and am not familiar with what is currently in testing.
Do you have the testing version (from the debian sources) also installed?
If so, perhaps configure is finding an older version??  I have never installed
qt from download.kde.org -- maybe it installs the libs and headers in the
"opt" directory as is done in some other distributions??

Six months ago I switched from testing to unstable because gnome2 in testing
was pretty broken at the time. I have found unstable to be be more stable
than testing was -- if that makes sense :)  The versions of qt and kde in
unstable had no problems compiling the 1.1 beta of Scribus (a desktop
publishing program) two days ago.  If nothing else works maybe a switch to
unstable is in order.  If you tell me the name of the program  I will confirm
if unstable will compile it here.

Roy P.