EveryBuddy questions (MS update and others)

I've been using EveryBuddy on Debian and RH for at least a year now. The past couple weeks I've been getting the "MSN Security Team" message "You need to update or won't be able to use this service" or something to that effect. Trillian use to get the same message but today I downloaded their patch to the msn and yahoo protocols. I have been wondering for a while if some update would be made for EveryBuddy and tonight as I search around I'm not getting the "MSN Security Team" message, so I decided to wait on reporting the 'bug'. Besides, I thought it was odd that there wasn't already a bug report for this error. I haven't researched the issue to see if it just requires a change in Windows based code, or in the protocol.

Also while I was searching around on this I came across a page talking about a 'DoS' issue with EveryBuddy 0.4.3. I tried the test and didn't experiance the crash they were talking about, so I sent them an email saying that it didn't seem to affect version 0.4.3-1 in Debian.

http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/12817
http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5HP031FAUE.html

The everybuddy package in Debian _seems_ to be abandoned/superceeded by EBlite and ayttm. Is the EveryBuddy (v0.4.3) in Debian being maintained upstream, or have it's developers stopped or switched over to one of the newer projects? It has some bugs against it that are pretty old.

http://www.everybuddy.com/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ayttm/
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=everybuddy

Anyone have some insight or comments on these issues? If I had all my net contacts on Jabber or something else I wouldn't wonder, but they arent. Most are on MSN, and a few on Yahoo.

Jacob