Re: Sieve script to filter today's MS annoyances

At Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:31:26 +0200,
Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:08:09 -0500,
> John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote in message
> <[🔎] 87r82czm5y.fsf@toncho.dhh.gt.org>:
>
> > > My question is: Is there a mail client that aloud me to use
> > > SpamAssassin or any other tool to effectively filter all
> > > this shit.
> >
> > Use fetchmail to download your mail and feed it to exim for
> > local delivery. Exim can run spamassassin for you.  If the
> > download volume is a problem (it is for me) give fetchmail a
> > 140k limit which will throw away most of the current crop of
> > worms (along with all other large messages, though!)
>
> ..putting procmail between these should do this the nice way.

I suppose most of you have highspeed connections that can afford
to download 140K spam ;-).  What I and other dialup users need is
a anti-spam solution that deletes mail on the server, no
questions asked.  (I consider any unsolicted mail above 100K to
be spam.)