Re: Strange output to console

on Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 10:19:27AM -0700, David (linuxgruvin@yahoo.com) wrote:
> My mouse and keyboard are both USB.  When I'm using
> one of the consoles (not in X)  linux is printing:
>
>   usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 1772
>
> I don't want the uchi module to print this
> information.  How can I disable this?

That's either kernel output or syslog output.  In the former case, it
can't (AFAIK) be disabled.  In the latter, modify /etc/syslog.conf to
suit.  I point output to an otherwise unused virtual console, e.g.:
/dev/tty12.

Peace.

    Quite frankly, I found it mostly interesting in a Jerry Springer
    kind of way. White trash battling it out in public, throwing chairs
    at each other. SCO crying about IBM's other women.
    -- Linus Torvalds, on SCO's lawsuit agains IBM over Linux