Re: OT: Burned by domain name registrar for $150, suggestions?

hiya

small claims court is your best bet ...
	- read the fine print ( usually 3-20 pages of fine print )
	about who owns the domain .... even if you paid the $10-$35/yr

a bigger fish would be to file a class action suit against, verisign,
networksolutions, hp or whomever they wanna call themself nowdays
	- if anybody wants to file class actions ... i have lots
	of paper work and paper trails to show their "blackmail"
	practices ... hoping you wont renew before they've had a
	chance to move your domain to their "back hand"

"they" do the $150 trick cause they can get away with it
	and not enough people have been bit by it that it'd stop
	them from the blackmail practices

you should have more than one domain for contact info
	( but also, do not use yahoo/hotmail/aol ...
	( use things like   paul@foo.com  and paul@bar.com
	( to appear like a more serious business email addy

immediate things you can do ... get a new domain name ...
and send out "job status emails" to all your prospective employers from
the new email addy .. ( most will just reply to it ) that they
are still looking to hire or have filled the post

have fun
alvin