Beep instead of written letter - keyboard-problem with gnome(SID)

Hello

I am using Gnome(SID) most time. Description of my problem:

When I press a key, I got a beep and no letter is written. When I hold this
key down, I got one beep, but the repeatfunction works (So I got letters on
my screen).

- This Problem occurs suddenly
- This Problem effects only one user and only gnome
- This Problem is resistent to reboots

I checked the gnome-configuration, but I have found an option the could cause
this problem. I am not sure, if I activated a shortcut.

Has someone an idea, what to check next.? There is no logged gnome-error.

ciao
Waldemar Gorus