Re: Sieve script to filter today's MS annoyances

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:20:27 +0200, Jeff Elkins wrote:

> Shri, I'm getting slammed by this crap. I've got SA running
> though...could you clue a SA newbie how to set this up?
>
> SA is grabbing all "normal" spam, but it's choking on this onslaught.

You can add a "score" line to your ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file. Scroll
down to the end, there you should find an example. I'm currently using

	score MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 5

with a threshold of five, i.e. any spam/worm which is stupid enough to
contain a Microsoft binary should be caught just because of this
modification.

(A few of today's email worm get through because they get negative scores
on other tests though. After all, SA is a spam eater, not a anti-virus by
design... I should probably investigate sa-learn, or increase the MS_EXE
rating to about 99.)

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!