Re: zope?

John Foster [jfoster@augustmail.com] wrote:
> Pim Bliek wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Anyone else using zope?
> >I am trying to get it to work on Sid with Apache 1.3.
> >
> >Troubles I have:
> >
> >- I cannot compile pcgi because I don't have the Apache sources, so I
> >went without it.
> >- I try to reach the zserver itself directly on port 9673, but it does
> >nothing.... also nothing in the logs...
> >
> >Can someone with a succesfull setup please post his configs?
> >
> >Thanx!
> >Pim
> >
> I have been having the same problem. I havew been trying to get Zope
> running for about a week. No progress. In the past it simply worked when
> installed. The current version seems to get the server running on port
> 9673 but I can not get to the manage login screen. I keep getting the
> same message "connection refused. I think this is a bug as I can not
> locate a permission problem.
> I too would appreciate any advice.

Mine (http://mcelrath.org/Notes/) is running on port 9674 (but I may
have changed that).  The port number is specified in /usr/sbin/zope-z2
but may be overridden by /etc/init.d/zope.

I am also using fastcgi (this does not work perfectly yet).  I have the
following in /etc/init.d/zope:
    ZOPEOPTS="-F 9673 -p - -f - -w 9674 -t 1" #-w - -f - -p -
And here are the relevant parts of my httpd.conf (Apache 1.3.27):

    LoadModule fastcgi_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_fastcgi.so

    FastCgiIpcDir   /tmp
    FastCgiExternalServer /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope -host moya:9673 \
                            -idle-timeout 600   \
                            -pass-header Authorization
    ScriptAlias /Zope  /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope
    <Location /cgi-bin/Zope>
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName Zope-realm
        AuthUserFile /etc/apache/passwd
        require valid-user
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
    </Location>

    ScriptAlias /Notes /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope/Notes
    <Location /Notes>
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
    </Location>

    ScriptAlias /p_    /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope/p_
    <Location /p_>
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
    </Location>

    ScriptAlias /misc_ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope/misc_
    <Location /misc_>
        SetHandler fastcgi-script
    </Location>

I say it doesn't work perfectly yet because not everything in Zope realizes
that the base URL is http://mcelrath.org/Notes/ and not http://mcelrath.org.

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to
    be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge
    gives. A popular government without popular information or the means
    of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or
    perhaps both."
        - James Madison