Re: number-up=2, openoffice, and cups

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 08:39:27AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 02:41:28AM -0400, Matt Price (matt.price@utoronto.ca) wrote:
> > one more printing problem with cups before I switch to lpr
> > (hopefully)...  I'm having trouble printing multiple pages/printed
> > page using openoffice.  I'm running sid/i386 using CUPS.  Normal
> > printing (1 page/page) works fine with OOo and with other programs.  2
> > pages/page works fine from the command line (haven't tested it with
> > other programs) with the command:
> >
> > lp -o number-up=2 FILE
> >
> > However, the same command fails when executed from OOo.
> >
> > any clues?
>
> I install mpage or a2ps, and use it as a filter on the 'lpr' command,
> using CUPS for printer support:
>
>     mpage -2 | lpr
>
> ...as a print command works in pretty much all apps.

THAnks Karsten -- actually this didn't work in OOo for me either, but
I did find a rather clumsy user interface from within OOo that allws
multi-page printing -- it's a button on a toolbar in "page preview"
view.

I wonder if maybe OOo does something funny with its print jobs that
screws up the multipage printing somehow...

best,
mp