Re: dpkg error after upgrade

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 06:28:15PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

| Unpacking replacement xlibmesa3 ...
| dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/xlibmesa3_4.1.0-16woody1_i386.deb (--unpack):
|  trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1.3', which is also in package xlibmesa4-glu

The file /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1.3 is provided by two separate
packages you are trying to have installed.  A file can exist in only 1
package at a time.  Either remove one of those packages, or (possibly)
upgrade both of them.  One cause for this situation is if a file moves
from one package to another, and you try mixing incompatible versions
of those packages.  I don't know about these two in particular,
though.

-D

--
Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/