Re: GIMP 1.3 short-cuts

In article <x8JJ.7rf.5@gated-at.bofh.it> you wrote:
> Hey all,

> I've just started using GIMP 1.3 (YUM!). My biggest beef is that I don't
> seem to be able to create my own short-cuts anymore. I used to pull up a
> menu and then press the key that I wanted to use for that menu. The key
> combo would appear in the menu and then that'd be it.

> Does anyone know if there's an option I need to turn on somewhere before I
> can create my own short cuts again?

A bit of googling turns up this advice from Jakub Steiner:

You need to toggle the 'Interface>Keyboard Shortcuts>Dynamic keyboard
shortcuts' option in the preferences for this functionality to be
available in GIMP 1.3. I reccommend turning it off afterwards so you
don't reassign the shortuct by accident later on.

Regards,

Johan