Re: Partition question

> /dev/sda1 as /boot
> /dev/sda2 as /
> /dev/sda3 as swap.

In this case, you probably want /dev/sda2 to appear before /dev/sda1 in the fstab file because filesystems are mounted in order by line number.

If "/foo" is mounted after "/foo/bar", then "/foo/bar" will not be accessible until "/foo" is unmounted. (ie: Mounts are not a union set.)

Victory wrote:

During Debian (woody 3.0r1) installation, how do I tell that I want to set:
/dev/sda1 as /boot
/dev/sda2 as /
/dev/sda3 as swap.
I did set up those partition as above, but after finish and boot up, df -v only show /dev/sda2 mount as / and I can see all the directories under / including /boot containing all the boot files. I then have to manually mount /dev/sda1 as /mnt and copy all the files from /boot directory to /mnt and then edit /etc/fstab file so that it will mount /dev/sda1 as /boot everytime system rebooted.
Is this normal or did I do something wrong.

Regards,
Victor