Galeon - Mozilla - Epiphany = strange lockups

I was using Woody for about a year on the machine I am writing to you from
now (well, actually I am writing to you inside VMWare on a machine running
debian...).  Anyway, when running Mozilla from woody, every so often Mozilla
would stop responding.  The same would also happen to Galeon.  I then
installed a Mozilla 1.4 backport and the same problems were existing.  So
two days ago, or so, I switched my system to sid and I am experiencing this
same problem.  Again, I will be in mozilla, strangely it seems as if this
happens most regularly when viewing debian.org, and mozilla will just stop
responding.  I will have to use xkill to stop it and restart.  This same
thing happens when using Epiphany.

What's strange is that I can get it to crash _every time_ when I visit
debian.org and then use the wheel on my mouse to scroll down the page.  If I
don't use the wheel and just click on the scrollbar on the right and drag it
down it locks up in the same place, about 1 cm from the scrollbar reaching
the bottom arrow.

I am well aware that this is not enough information to even begin to give
suggestions as to what my problem could be, but perhaps others have
experiences this or something similar and could point me in the right
direction to begin debugging this strange problem.

This problem makes browsing the web on my Debian box useless, as it can stop
responding on me at any moment.  Then I have to kill it and reload.

Michael