Re: command line workspace switch

Neo wrote:

Hi All,

	anybody know of a way to switch workspaces in gnome/
any windowmanager? (on Debian of course ;-) )

	Background: I want a central monitoring station in a 24x7
monitoring environment to cycle automatically through each workspace
which each contains a monitoring app.
	Found a lot of keyboard solutions (usually for a specific
window manager) that usually describe diferent key bindings, nothing
for the command line.

	Anybody know something or a hint how to write one?

Sincerely,

Jan.
The enlightenment window manager comes with a utility called eesh whish is used to send commands to the window manager via IPC. So doing a eesh -e "goto_desktop 0" switches to the first desktop, etc.

I've been using e for ages and while it does not "fully integrate" with gnome it works nicely enough with it together for my taste.

Regards,
            Torsten