Re: grub/lilo question

* Clive Menzies (clive@clivemenzies.co.uk) [030917 14:50]:
> On (17/09/03 16:46), Victory wrote:
> > Some one please let me know the advantage/disadvantage
> > about grub/lilo ext2/ext3.
> >

> As I understand it lilo is the official debian bootloader [...]

default != official.

my grub systems are no less debian than any lilo systems!

IMO, grub is vastly superior to LILO.  The ability to reconfigure
everything at run-time is one of those features that you just can't go
back from.  LILO gets the job done for day-to-day work, generally, but
whenever you have to reconfigure the boot loader, if you're working
with a grub system, you're a much happier camper.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/