Re: xserver crashes on switching to vitual console

on Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:58:58AM +0300, Alphonse Ogulla (ogulla@uonbi.ac.ke) wrote:
> Hi all,
> First problem; X runs on my machine pretty well but crashes moments later (as
> a result of a "fatal server lockup") on switching to a virtual console with
> the Ctrl+Alt+Fn keystroke. My system specs are as follows:-

This sort of behavior sounds like a server/driver selection or
configuration error.  I'd try a different driver, or a different
configuration.  I'm not specifically familiar with the i810 video card,
but understand that developing support has been an ongoing issue,
particularly from conversations with the LNX-BBC developers.