Re: Problem trying to start X-windows in a Debiam 3.0 installation under Virtual PC

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, David Fokkema wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 20:39, Jaime Ash wrote:
>
> > Does anybody in this group have any clues?
>
> Yes. According to your logs, you have selected the nvidia driver, but
> that driver thinks there is no nvidia card in your pc. So, to be able to
> help you, we need some info. To begin with, what video card do you have
> installed?

Virtual PC may be different, but under vmware at least, you tell X you
have a vmware "video card" and vmware handles how to talk to your real
card.  VMware could hypothetically run on any hardware without haveing to
change the emulated session settings.

Mike