How to build a wireless network

Hello,

One of my computer is running Debian as the main server, it has 2 nics
and connected to a hub and cable modem.  Its current job is acting as a
router so other computers in my lan can connect to its hub and share the
internet connection.  Now I want to try wireless, thinking about adding
an Access Point to that server, just a plain ap because I am quite
sastified with the performance / settings I currently have.  But I have
no experience on how this is done,  I read some quick setup guide and it
shows that connect this AP to the router and can do all the setup by
typing in some static ip of the AP.

So that means I would need another nic to my server to add that AP ?  Is
there any other setup's , softwares I need on Debian for this to work ?
Also I can use a 802.11G AP , I know the 'G' is not well supported under
linux yet but it doesn't matter because this is just the AP, not the pc
card ?

Please share your experience,  thanks