Re: Q: Oracle vs Debian?

El lunes, 15 de septiembre de 2003, a las 07:52, Wayne Sitton escribe:
> Yes, I installed Oracle 8i and 9 on Woody.  The only problem I remember
> having is having to make a symlink because the name of the gcc library
> was different than what oracle was looking for.

If I remember properly, that problem was solved installing
libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2, thus I wasn't in need of creating symlinks.

Also, awk in Debian is at /usr/bin, where one of the root scripts
expect it at /bin.

Moreover, you need to install locales, generate and keep the locale
en_US in the system (if you install localepurge). This must be the
LANG adjustment for the oracle user.

Also, you need X to install Oracle, but after setup you can disable
xdm, xfs, and stuff like that, so resources are all dedicated to the
database.

I almost forget, factory kernel 2.2 doesn't have System-V IPC enabled,
and Oracle needs them. Use factory kernel bf2.4, or compile your own.

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"