Re: Q: Oracle vs Debian?

Yes, I installed Oracle 8i and 9 on Woody.  The only problem I remember
having is having to make a symlink because the name of the gcc library
was different than what oracle was looking for.  also in looking through
a bunch of support docs, I remember reading that alot of the oracle guys
used Debian as their test bed, the only reason to certify only red hat
was a purely motivated by the fact that ignorant management only
recognizes redhat when the word linux is mentioned.

Wayne