Re: Please

You have two options:

1- go to your local reseller and buy Windows. If you have a problem, call
the Evil Empire.

2- RTFM. Google is your best friend. First try the user manuals on
www.debian.org.

If you consider continuing running Debian GNU/Linux, and you read the
manuals and HOWTO's and you still have problems, we might be able to help
you. BUT, we cannot help you with "help, it does not work!". We need:

- info about the hardware:
  - what is the laptop model?
  - what is the max resolution of the screen?
  - what is the brand, model and chip of the videocard?
- info about your install:
  - which version of Debian are you running? (woody, sarge, sid)
  - which version of X did you try?
  - what does your XF86Config-4 look like?

To be short: convince us that you put some effort into it before you ask
us. Secondly, provide us with information for us to be able to determine
what your problem is.

Good luck and happy computing!

Pim