Re: Q: Oracle vs Debian?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Q: Oracle vs Debian?
- From: Kent West <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:45:45 -0500
- Message-id: <3F6705F9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1063692945.609.7.camel@Agamemnon>
- References: <email@example.com> <1063630337.545.4.camel@Agamemnon> <20030916002042.GG18694@guildenstern.dyndns.org> <1063683007.1328.1.camel@Agamemnon> <20030916095610.GB19489@guildenstern.dyndns.org> <1063692945.609.7.camel@Agamemnon>
<KMSelf posted a standard blurb about not top-posting in response to a
thread he was otherwise not involved in.>
For clarity and to support conversational discussion style, please use
bottom-posting format: your reply goes below the material cited.
Trim your quotes appropriately and ensure your attributions are
Wayne Sitton wrote:
and as to you KMSelf, as far as I know this is an open list, and your
email to me on what you think should be proper email response was not
asked for by me. I gave an answer to a question that had nothing to do
with you...and as far as I know you are not a moderator of this list.
So basically...butt out
Since "this is an open list", and since Karsten's part of this
community, and since these messages are archived for the community,
Karsten has as much right as anyone to gently steer people in the "ways
of the list". I hope I'm not being offensive by saying this; I don't
mean to be.
Kent West (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?