Kernel with initrd, remove unused modules

Hi,

I just installed kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686 (I am running sid), which
boots using initrd. Thus, after booting, lsmod shows a lot of unused
modules. I'd like to know which is the clean way (even the
Debian-specific one, if it exists) on configuring the booting
procedure so it loads only the modules needed by my system.

I have checked initrd.txt from Linux source Documentarion directory,
and "I still haven't found what I'm looking for". :)

Any feedback will be very useful, so thanks in advance.

Regards, Ismael
--
"Tout fourmille de commentaries; d'auteurs il en est grande cherté"