Re: IRC protocol blocked

on Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:12:52PM +0800, what what (butdiene@hotmail.com) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> The IRC protocol has been blocked by the local gateway. I tried to reason
> with them, but they refuse to lift such  a ban.
>
> So, I can not have access to the irc #debian channel.
>
> Anyone knows a way to work out from my side?

You don't specify where your access is received.  Note that violating
site policy may have serious repercussions.  Particularly if it's at a
place of employment.

There are several guides to bypassing firewalls, Google for "Firewall
Piercing HOWTO".  Note that this information can get you fired or worse.

Your best bet is to get access somewhere else.  If you can and your site
allows ssh access to a remote shell account, you can run a text-mode IRC
client such as irssi from this.

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/