Re: Apt-get, re-installing a debian system

Hello

TongKe Xue (<qckcode@yahoo.com>) wrote:

>   I just re-installed my debian system (switched to testing/unstable
> to try out the newer XFree86; decided to switch back to stable +
> install XFree86 4.3.0 manually), and when I installed X-windows, KDE,
> and a bunch of developer tools, it seemed to me as if quite a lot of
> the files were being downloaded from http://security.debian.org --
> now, did I horribly mis-configure my /etc/apt/source.list or has
> there really been there many updates?

Yes, there have been so many updates. Yesterday, XFree was updated, and
KDE has had several updates in the past as well. You may want so
subscribe to the Debian security announcement mailing list to be
informed regularly. As an alternative, you can also go to
<http://security.debian.org> or check the archive at
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/>.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen