Followup report (was Re: Galeon 1.2.5 proxy settings not respected consistently)

on Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 09:01:32PM +0100, Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> I'm using Galeon 1.2.5 on testing/unstable.
>
> My proxy settings aren't being consistently applied.  They appear to be
> accepted and working properly for some period of time, but then fail to
> work for no apparent reason later.  Proxy is squid on a host on my
> network.
>
> My settings are:
>
>     proxy:  wwwproxy
>     port:   3128
>     keepalives: disabled
>     socksv5: selected
>     http version: 1.1
>

> I've tried setting keepalives on or off, resetting values, etc.  through
> "Settings/Preferences/Advanced/Network" menu.  In all cases, settings
> either don't take, or apply only for a period of time.
>
> I've just tried using gconf-editor to set proxy values.  For the moment
> this is working, but I'm not sure it's going to solve the problem.

The gconf-editor settings appear to be holding.

Note that this is an annoyance:  Galeon should respect configuration
options specified through its "Preferences" dialog.

Peace.

    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.
		        SCO vs IBM Linux lawsuit info:  http://sco.iwethey.org