Re: installing X from -testing

Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:27:26 -0400, Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> wrote in message <[🔎] 3F638BBE.6090407@tacocat.net>:

Tom Allison wrote:

I ran into a problem installing X and running as non-root "mkdtemp: private socket dir: Permission denied"

Root works fine, but no one else does.

help?

I was searching through the archives and found this earlier. Apparently the problem is in /tmp.

it's owned by root.root and cannot be used by anyone else.

This isn't a bug?

How do I fix this?

..chk 'man chmod', and 'info chown' for ideas. ;-)

Ok, I'll figure out how to get it to root.root -- rwxrwxrwt at some point.
But I was really surprised to find this in what's been lately a relatively stable implimentation (albeing "testing").

--
<Deek> Yes, America is a country based on how pissed-off a group of taxed
       people can get.