..use formail to split digests, was: apt-get, debian-user-digest, xfree86

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:18:05 -0700 (PDT),
tongKe Xue <qckcode@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030913171805.41220.qmail@web41610.mail.yahoo.com>:

>   (2) I want to be able to post to debian-user, but read in digest
>  mode ... I started out subscribing to debian-user-digest, but then
>  realized I didn't know how to post, so I unsubscribed from
>  debian-user-digest, and subscribed to debian-user ... (but now, I'm
>  probably no going to be reading in digest mode) -- how can I
>  subscribe in such a way so as to be able to post to debian-user
>  normally, yet read in digest mode?

..from man formail:
EXAMPLES
       To split up a digest one usually uses:
              formail +1 -ds >>the_mailbox_of_your_choice
       or
              formail +1 -ds procmail

..if not available on your boxes, try 'apt-get install procmail'.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: