Re: Mysql question.

connect failed...

make sure the server is running...

if it is that means it's not listening on tcp/ip;

you can enable it by commenting in /etc/mysql/my.cnf
# skip-networking

with that uncommented mysql only listens on a local unix socket

and of course, restart the daemon when you change that option.

Mark Maas wrote:

All,
I'm trying to install: http://www.moregroupware.org/
On this page: http://www.moregroupware.org/manual/en/setup_linux_long.html
It tells me to add a database with the command: "mysqladmin -u root -p create moregroupware" After which mysql reports:
    menem:/home/mark# mysqladmin -u root -p create moregroupware
    Enter password:
    mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost'
    <mailto:'root@localhost'> (Using password: YES)'
    menem:/home/mark#

So that's the point where I get stuck.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, then thanks! Mark