Re: DVI output of Radeon 9200 still doesn't work -- despite new XFree86 4.3

A long time ago (2003-08-15) ERDI Gergo wrote:
According to the list of patches applied to the XFree86 4.3 package in
Experimental (4.3.0-0pre1v1), a recent fix in XFree86 HEAD has been
backported to the Debian package that fixes the DVI handling of some
Radeons. However, using the DVI port of my Radeon 9200, I get no output as
soon as XFree86 is started.
Is there some special configuration option that is needed in the server
configuration? Are the patches not in the official Debian package -- i.e.
should I create my own xserver-xfree86.deb from source?

Just spotted this. FWIW, Knoppix is able to detect and set up its X to run with a 9200 and a DVI-D cable (I use an LCD monitor; I've seen a claim that CRT's can be problematical). Perhaps you can glean some config info from it. OTOH, I have the same problem using SuSE 8.2 with a Mantel -64 kernel with or without ATI 3.2.5 drivers (works with an analogue cable but will only run at low resolution with a DVI-D cable). But the problem may also relate to my specific 9200 card - I'm trying to find out from my supplier exactly what it's provenance is, though I ordered ATI.

HTH, Dave